Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OhMyGosh, HI! I'm BAAACK!

Hello!!
Well, it's been a LONG time since I've posted here. It's been a long time since I felt I had anything worth posting. I did take a break, a much longer break than I had anticipated. Not to say that I was not making art, I was simply not focused on fantasy art. I've been over here: Dorkling (a comic) posting a weekly comic, and creating cartoon art :)

Now, though...I'm BACK!! Kind of. I've decided to just take it SUPER SLOW this time around. Example: Currently, I am working on a brand new original painting, at a 'large for Emily' size of 11" x 14". The old Emily would have had her finished by now, or at least decently coated in layers of paint. The new, slow Emily is still working on skin shading...see:





SUPER SLOW!!! However, I am working on little pieces to whet your appetite in between large paintings. Yes, there will be more large paintings! What I have done is looked over my past works, and I have chosen a few pieces that I just ADORE and feel they deserve better representation. So, I will be reworking some of my old art this year! Here's a short list, and links to pictures can be found by clicking on the titles...imagine with me what they will end up looking like as big paintings!:

Bathtime
Buttons
Dutchess
Grave Robyn
Lucky #7
Over the Rainbow
Pris
Russette
Stilts

Now, maybe there is a specific piece you would like to see me rework that is not listed above? If so, you can send your suggestion to me...just CLICK HERE and write away! :) I should respond within a few days. At this point, I am merely taking suggestions- I am always interested in your opinions! But I will NOT promise to rework any particular suggestion...though, if you wanted to throw some money at me, that would change my mind on the matter a bit, I am quite sure ;)
Also, I feel I should note that I will be retiring the first edition image of these reworks once the new paintings are complete, so...If you would like prints or posters or anything of that nature, yanno...get on it. I'll give lots of warning, though. :)

So, that leads me into the subject of commissions. I am still not officially offering commissions at this time (unless you have a golden ticket...you know who you are, because I have already discussed this with you), however, I have been considering opening them up again soon. Prices will change, and other things here and there (size options, etc), but I have not forgotten about it AT ALL! I think about it A LOT, in fact!

As I mentioned above, I am working on some new ACEO illustrations, as well as some 5" x 7" paintings for the time in between big pieces, so you don't forget me LOL!! Here is a photo of some of the current 'small arts'-



Some of these are already listed for auction on eBay, and the rest will be listed within a week or two. You can see all my current art up for auction HERE!

Also, a silly side note- PLEASE forgive the crummy photos- I often snap shots with my iPod when I am working, and the camera kind of sucks, and the lighting kind of sucks. But, at least I am trying! Of course, completed artworks will be properly scanned in and color corrected if needed, all that fun stuff that I never talk about, but still have to do! If there is one thing I am super good at, it is working behind the scenes.

Okay, enough rambling!! I hope to see you all around here more often, perhaps once a week? Mmmm, better just make it twice a month for now, don't want to promise and not deliver ;) More frequent updates can be found on my Darkling Treasures Facebook page HERE, though!!
xo!
Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment