Friday, March 8, 2013

Fool's Blood- NEW PAINTING- complete with ramble! Plus, a TON of mermaids!

Oh, good, I have finally found some time to post my new painting!!! Yay!! I also have a few other random things to share...actually, just mermaids. Lots of mermaids. And the new painting!!

Okay, first the new painting...I have decided to keep the working title "Fool's Blood", because that's what it is, that's what SHE is...*ahem* Anyhoo..."Fool's Blood" is an original 11" x 14" acrylic painting on a canvas panel. She is signed, sealed, wired, ready to hang as is or frame...all that good stuff!! I have put her up for auction on eBay- the link below the picture will take you to the auction, where you are invited to come check out the detail pictures, share via your preferred social media outlet, place a bid, etc, etc (hint hint):




I don't really want to get into the specifics of how she came to be (pain, obviously) but I will tell you some things about the process of this particular painting...For one thing, it is REALLY DIFFICULT to paint while you are crying. It just does not work. It's hard to see, plus I am not too sure how archival teardrops are...I'd think not so much. Secondly, this version of this song:


Now, I don't normally go for dubstep, but the elements of 'robot noise' really brought it home. Go ahead and judge me if you must, I will understand.
After finding this song, I went out and rented Requiem for a Dream (which I have seen before, and certainly recommend to anyone with a strong psyche)...which led me to develop a strange and totally random celebrity crush on Marlon Wayans. So. That was my February, or at least the creative part of it. Of course I did lots of other stuff, too. But this blog is not about those things.

Hmmm, I hope you know I did not mean to make anyone feel sad, I just wanted to share my process. It is not all sunshine and rainbows, you know, being an artist...being an Emily. ;P Now, how about some pretty pretty mermaids? Hahaha :) Let me explain: March Madness!! My version, of course! It is consisting of one brand new mermaid illustration every single day for the month of March! All of them are available for purchase (save the ones that have already sold). Everything is right here on this special page on my website:
A Mermaid A Day for March
Here's a picture of one of my personal favorites:



So, that is about it for the moment. I will try to do a rework this month, but...I am not sure if I will have time! We will save that for another post :)

xo!
Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Em,

    I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sad =( It seems to be inspiring for you in any case. I LOVE your new painting! One of my absolute fav's! Nice song too =) I Hope you get feeling better. Hugs & tugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nat :) My method is basically use it or lose it, even if it's bad...I can still try to make something good come of it! So glad you like the painting! And mucho thanks for your hugs <3

      Delete