Saturday, August 31, 2013

Warmth, Snow White, and some other random updates

Hi hi!
There are a few new pieces for me to share- just a few small ones this round. I have been slowly working on the next big painting, though she is not a rework of an earlier illustration, so she is taking a bit longer to sketch out than I'd like, but that's life. Perhaps if I weren't being so particular about the details, she's be onto the next stage by now...but I'm getting fussy in my old age. ;)

Blah blah...

I've been staring at my "Brown" ACEO pin up illustration often lately:


"Brown"


I just love her so much I had to do a small rework! Here is "Warmth":


"Warmth" original painting


She is an original 5" x 7" acrylic painting on a canvas panel- being auctioned off on eBay HERE with a starting bid of $25. She's sexy, she has class. Only the peek of one nipple, haha! Very simple and art nouveau inspired. I wish I could afford to keep her around, but her style demands a more refined home than I can really provide at this time. (That's a really fancy way of saying "I haz the poor").

Now...Snow White! This is a small intro piece to my next painting with the same theme! I had two sketches of her, and this one has been transformed into a full color illustration. She is not the prim and proper Disney princess version- I should note here that I am not a fan of the Disney corporation. Of all the fairytale ladies, I can relate to Snow White the most. I'd apologize for the swear word in this piece, but I'd be lying if I said I was sorry.


"How You Like Dem Apples?" original illustration


She is an original mixed media illustration, on some kind of fancy art paper that my step-mother gave me. Should you have an interest in owning her, do head over to the eBay listing- bidding starts at $25: "How You Like Dem Apples?" Snow White original illustration

One more eBay mention- I have some double-sided ACEO prints of "Outersea" in stock, complete with a stupid typo on the back! Woo hoo, silly!



There is one for auction HERE on eBay, or you can order them through my website HERE!

Speaking of website, I have finally updated her (yes, my website is a girl) With poster and print options for "Pris-tend" as well as "Outersea"- Check out the newness: darklingtreasures.com

Yeah. So, all that stuff. I'm back tot he drawing board to work on the background for the new Snow White painting. Side note- if you've noticed that many of my recent artworks feature ladies with their eyes closed, cool. So have I, and I think that it's a sure sign that I could use more sleep in my life.

xo!
Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment