Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Low Tide mermaid reworked painting

Well, there appears to be another completed piece of art on my desk!! I am in awe, honestly, I have been so stupid busy that I was beginning to think I would never make another piece of art. Of course, she is a remake of one of my older illustrations, so it's not like I had to do all kinds of thinking. Still, I am quite satisfied with the way "Low Tide" turned out, and it was nice to just PAINT.

So, here she is- "Low Tide"- an introspective mermaid-type lady, in vibrant colors with lots of contrast. She is an original painting, 7" x 5" on a canvas panel. I have listed her for auction on eBay, starting at $35. You can visit the auction by clicking the picture or the link below it :)


"Low Tide" mermaid painting auction on eBay


Here are a few work in progress shots of her, and her sister piece "Wishing Pond" (that one has been sold already)





This is the illustration I drew back in 2010 (holy mawgosh that was a long time ago):


Ummm, what else, what else...I am planning another doll for July. I will warn you all, I have a clown obsession, so the next doll....yeah, clownesque. (sorry for any clown fears (sorry not sorry)). I also have a dragon art card or two kicking around here that I should really find, add color, and share with you all :) Everything else I am working on is Dorkling related, so should you have any interest in any of that, you can see it all on my zombietoes site.

xo!
Em
darklingtreasures.com and/or zombietoes.com

1 comment:

  1. Lovely mermaid Emily.
    I am looking to get tubes of your lovely artwork if you still do them - I know that you were once with My Tag Art back in 2010 or earlier? If so, are you still selling your tubes through any organisations any more? I'd love to be able to see what you are doing because I only have one - I was moderately new to copyright compliance back in 2010 but I am completely compliant these days and only use what I am allowed to use.

    ReplyDelete