Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Georgine & Rufus- a Monster High Doll Repaint

I have discovered the disturbingly consuming and highly fulfilling hobby of refacing Monster High dolls. Having nude, faceless, dismembered doll parts scattered all over the place somehow makes sense for my lifestyle. I like the challenge of giving them new personalities and faces. I like that I've gotten back to my mixed media art roots through this weirdness. This is my first ever publicly unveiled repainted doll. She is certainly not perfect, but I had a lot of fun revamping her!

Below are a few work work in progress shots, as well as what the doll looked like originally. I didn't manage to take any of my own "before" pictures, so I have borrowed one (credit under the pic).


More or less what she looked like when I got her- photo credit to barbiebeauties.wordpress.com

after stripping the original paint off her face


a few layers of "new face"...and the full outfit


"Georgine" was previously a Monster High Draculaura doll. Then I got a hold of her, muahahaha...now she is a kind of creepy soubrette who prefers tutus to too much face paint. She and her balloon Rufus like to sit outside the ice cream parlor and freestyle sing to passers-by. Part clown, part candy princess, all sweet!


a close up

full shot!


I have listed her for auction on eBay HERE with a starting bid of $15. Adopting her into your home would allow me to start working on another pretty dollie, so you know...Consider supporting a living artist. I will also have you know that my BFF is PISSED that I am starting this auction so low. But I'd like to get her a home more than I'd like to get lots of money, more for reasons of storage space and all that. I tried to explain this to my BFF and she just gave me THE LOOK, hahaha.

Additionally, Georgine has her very own webpage on my Darkling Treasures site HERE, with a bunch more pictures and info.

Thank you for taking time to look! :)

xo!
Em
darklingtreasures.com and/or zombietoes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment