Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Dead Monster Bouquet" finished! Plus, Zombie original art auction, Jester Pin Up illustration, and $5 prints!


Hi hi!

Whew! While I am typing this, it is currently 8:15 am and I am trying to *not fall behind* on my work...phhsssh, that is futile, I should know by now. I did get part of a commission piece finished up last night (barring approval) and have a bunch more from that project to work on, as well as another separate piece...and lots of other stuff! But enough of that for now. I have NEW ART to share! well, one new piece. :\ Better than nothing! Also- 4" x 6" open edition art prints for $5 each, some older original pieces up for auction on eBay, and perhaps some rambling...


Allow me to introduce the completed "Dead Monster Bouquet"- she is an original 8.5" x 11" illustration (inks, acrylics, and pencil on bristol). I started this piece in a really bad mood, and in my head she was much darker...at least at first. But because I do not have the luxury of working on one piece all the way through at the moment, I had to keep putting her aside. Days passed, and I wasn't in a terrible mood anymore. Some colors peeked through. Bouquets should be colorful, even if they are made of dead scary things with sharp claws and angry mouths. Also, I should note two things about this piece- first being that I had intended for the ink on the background monsters to run and bleed, so...I am aware of that. I had hoped for a little more bleed, but what can you do. Also, no monsters were harmed in the creation of this piece- the dead ones were "ethically collected after death" and "preserved in an ecologically friendly" fashion. The original "Dead Monster Bouquet" illustration is currently up for auction on eBay, with a low starting bid of $50 (and a Buy It Now price of $75)...To see more pictures, read about her a bit, and perhaps even add her to your collection, please visit the link below the picture:




"Dead Monster Bouquet" original dark fantasy illustration


Okay. That's all for brand new art. BUT! I have some other, older (and still viable!) originals up for auction on eBay- ONE OF THEM IS A ZOMBIE PAINTING! You must know that it is not often that I offer my *original* zombie pieces up for sale, so...take advantage! This particular round it is my great big (16" x 20") "Green Means GO!" acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas. You can see all the auction details and such at the link below the picture:




"Green Means GO!" Original Zombie Silhouette dark art painting


I've also got an original jester pin up illustration up for auction- "Caramelized" is a sweet and delicious temptress, outfitted in a suit made of caramel! MMM freakin' delicious! Ha! She is an original 8" x 10" artwork (acrylic paints, pencils, and inks on bristol)...Check out the link for all her auction info- $30. starting bid!




"Caramelized" sexy jester pin up illustration


Also, a bunch of other wonderful pieces- both originals and prints- are up for auction as well! To see them all, just click HERE!


Uh! I told you there was a lot today :) I still have to fill you in on my 4" x 6" prints! I am now offering open edition art prints of some of my favorite pieces for just $5 each! I will have more available in the next few weeks, too- but for now, if you buy any two 4" x 6" prints, you get one 4" x 6" print free! Just put three in your cart, and DO NOT PAY ME until I adjust your invoice! SO, your $15 purchase will turn into $10, and you still get everything you wanted! Woo! (that does not include shipping, which is as low as I can make it) Additionally, if you happen to purchase a 5/$10 art print set, I will also send you a free 4" x 6" print of your choice! Just add your free 4" x 6" print to your cart, and again- DO NOT PAY ME UNTIL I CHANGE YOUR INVOICE! LOL!! I think I will just run this sale until Next Wednesday. Or until I run out of prints, whichever happens first. Probably Wednesday, then. So...Check out the link below the picture for all my 4" x 6" art prints!




Em's Art Prints on etsy


Well, this is getting rather long, and I have a crapton of work to get to, so I don't know that I will ramble. I will say this, though- earlier this week, I was sure I would not have time to get a piece finished to post, so I took my camera around with me and sort of documented a usual week in my life. I am wanting to put together a post about my daily life, because...most of you do not know that side, and I think you might find it interesting? More interesting than I do, most likely. So...I will try to get that together at some point very soon.

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment