Thursday, March 8, 2012

Raven girl portrait, Star Kitty cartoon art, and a March Sale!


Well, hello there! I know it's been awhile since my last post- my trip to the south was wonderful, relaxing, and has set me back about a week and a half! Eventually I will get caught up again...right? Sure, sure I will. But for now I have two new pieces to share and a sale to tell you about! :)


First, the sale info! From now (3/8) until 3/16, I am offering 15% off all orders placed through either (or both) of my etsy shops! All you have to do is use the code IDES15 at checkout to receive the discount. This code will work in conjunction with my 4 x 6 art print sale (buy 2, get 1 free) as well, so that's quite a deal! I hope you have an opportunity to get in on the sale!


Now, onward to new art!! I have two brand new pieces to share, the first being "Inner Bird 1". She is a self-likeness; I cannot call her a portrait, really, as she doesn't look like me...I am rather pleased with how she turned out! "Inner Bird 1" is an original acrylic painting on a 9" x 12" sheet of artist canvas. You can see more pictures and read more info on the art and my process at the listing link- she is available for purchase there as well, but because it is my etsy shop, she is on sale! Don't forget the code: IDES15...


"Inner Bird 1" original raven girl painting


Take heed- a new monster! This one is a kitteh!!!!! I know, not exactly monster like in appearance, per se, but kitties can be quite monstrous in behavior and action... The name of this piece is "Star Kitty"- a bright beacon of cuteness in the vast
cold and dark outer space. This kitty is a mixed media creation, and measures 5" x 7" on masonite. He is Available for purchase in my zombietoes etsy shop (which means also on sale!) at the link below the picture:


"Star Kitty" cartoon cat monster art


For those of you who are looking for my eBay art listings, they are HERE! Lots of ACEO prints- some never-before-released! Also, some originals up for auction, and 4" x 6" prints as well!


So, I am a teensy bit behind on my Dorkling comic, but I am hoping to get a new comic posted by the weekend :) I am also in the midst of a series of zodiac monsters- they will be very similar to the monsters I have been creating recently- fun, mixed media pieces Masonite. Hopefully, I will have the wherewithal to post some work in progress photos. I am finding myself wondering, again, why I always bite off more than I can chew. And...that is about all I have for tonight! Someone out there, please get some rest for me !

xo

Em


Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment