Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April Re-cap- H.F.S.- Original Paintings, New Homes, + RAMBLE

Hello hello!

Ahh...April was kind of a whirlwind month for me, so...I got quiet again :\ Not to say I was not working, I just was not posting much. I go through these "bratty" phases where I just DO NOT want to market and be all social about my art, even listing can be a huge chore for me. I'd rather just be creating. I don't consider it a good thing when I get this way, and I am currently trying to figure a way to trick myself into being consistent in my 'business presence' while still feeling free to be myself- a sometimes cranky girl. *sigh* If I KNEW being an artist was this hard, I may have chosen the Peace Corps instead. (That was a joke! I know I am doing what it is I am supposed to!!)

Okay, so that ramble just got out of hand. Meant for that to go AFTER the art updates!! This is basically a post for rambling, thinking out loud, and updating you all on where the original paintings "Fool's Blood" and "Blue Dutchess" ended up, and what is coming up next!

I know you can't see me, but I just put my business pants on...Now let's get to it! Remember "Fool's Blood"? Well, she did not sell at auction (this happens ALL THE TIME with larger originals) so I have put her up at her full price in my darklingemily etsy shop!! The original is 11" x 14", acrylics on canvas panel, signed, sealed, wired- ready to hang as is or frame- and you can see all the other details and more photos here at the link below her picture:


"Fool's Blood" original pin up painting on etsy


The same thing happened with the mermaid "Blue Dutchess"- she is ALSO available for constant viewing and possible purchasing at her new home in my etsy shop- see the link below her beautiful face!


"Blue Dutchess" original mermaid painting on etsy


In other art news, I have finished up the "Button Pusher" piece, except that...it needs a bit of adjusting on one section. I have been staring at it for a few days now, and you know...It just doesn't look quite right. So, once I fix her and scan her in, etc, I will have that post (with music, yay!). And I am still pondering on which rework to choose next. I keep leaning towards my gorgeous friend's portrait "Pris"- See her HERE- or maybe "Russette"- see her HERE- but I'm a bit afraid I might be overloading on mermaids. This leads me right into a ramble about how I don't really care to paint legs or feet, really, and my recent admission and struggles with this. That's part of the reason I chose to rework "Button Pusher" this past round. I have nothing against feet and legs, and I use mine all the time and am thankful they work and look okay...but as far as art goes...not my strong suit. So, what do I do? Avoid it like the plague. This has been a downfall of mine since the beginning of Emily. Trying to rectify that, starting with my artwork. Of course, both of those reworks I just mentioned above have no legs or feet. Gah!

This also brings up my other recent issue with my creative self...fantasy vs comic. I had set up this rework painting schedule at the beginning of 2013, knowing in my heart that where I really want to head is...into comic land. Cartoons make me happy, and they seem to spring from my hands without effort or too much thought most of the time. I find them to be a purer sort of expression, with a wider reach, a simpler footing in society, and...they look like candy but they aren't candy. You know I love things that look like candy but aren't actually candy. (I also love candy). I'm not saying I am leaving behind my mermaids, dragons, and sexy sexy ladies. But I just can't seem to market everything appropriately anymore. I may be a fool, but I never learned to juggle this much stuff. ;)I'm basically overwhelmed with art, and just getting more and more ideas every day. GAH!!! Perhaps I will give up and just be one of those really spacey, unorganized artist types. Whoa. Wait, that's an option! I hadn't even considered it until just this moment! :P

Remember- more frequent updates, work in progress pictures, news, and such can be had here on my Facebook Page: Darkling Treasures on Facebook

xo!
Em
- For those of you who were curious and couldn't figure it out on your own: H.F.S.= Holy Fucking Shit

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment