Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Night Flight dragon art, Fairy ACEO, Work in Progress pics, and ramblings!



Okay, I know, I suck. I've been rather sick this past week, so I thought I would take it easy for once in my life (well, I *kinda* did) and just rest...I am feeling better now, even with the sickness still hanging on...So, yes, I have some rambling to do today, but I also have some new art :)


Two new ACEO originals! They are both fantasy relates, one being a fairy, the other a nymph and dragon...The new nymph and dragon ACEO is titled "Night Flight"- a pretty blonde nymph and her little green dragon are huddling up, coming up with a game plan for their nightly flight...This original 2.5" x 3.5" illustration is listed for auction on eBay, with a starting bid of just $5! To see the listing, and perhaps make a bid, just click on the link below the picture:




"Night Flight" original dragon + nymph fantasy ACEO art


The other brand new ACEO I have up on eBay is called "Faery Hide and Seek"- one of my favorite childhood games...When I was a teen, all the neighborhood kids would get together at night, with their flashlights, and we would disperse throughout the neighborhood...Of course, we called it Manhunt then, which is way cooler. Anyhoo, I digress...You can read about why this little fairy does not appear to actually be hiding at her listing link- and she has a starting bid of $5! Check out the link below the picture:




"Faery Hide and Seek" original fantasy ACEO illustration


I do have other art auctions running, as well, some of which are ending soon (originals and prints)! If you'd like to see them all, just click HERE!


Among other projects, I am currently working on a new painting in my new series about "the little fun things in life"- this one has a girl in a polka dot dress, a pinwheel, and a winged elephant on a cloud! I am calling it "Elephant Breeze", and I have posted work in progress pictures in my Facebook photo album if you are interested in the process/progress! The link is below this WIP pic:




Work In Progress photos of "Elephant Breeze"


So, yes, not a whole heck of a lot to share, as far as art goes. I am trying to get the rest of these short prose blurb things written for my Circus & Side Show pieces so I can compile them into a picture book of sorts. Apparently, I am having a hard time wriggling into my writer's suit lately. I just can't sit still and listen to the words in my head. My fingers just want to paint and draw, and my brain is coming up with erroneous things for me to do. So, it is a focus issue, I suppose, and I do not have 100% energy right now, so I can't just will myself to do it, like I normally do.

I really hate being sick, and I am a huge baby about it, because it is so rare that it happens (lucky me!)...I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't taste my food or even think straight, it sucks. So, the other day, while I was working, I had this idea that I would try the wings challenge we have at work. Cuz the wings are wicked spicy hey. The challenge is essentially 12 wings in 4 minutes, lick all your fingers, and wait another minute. But, I am telling you, the sauce is ridunculous. I know there's a lot of ghost chili in it. I don't know what else is in there because it really doesn't matter. So anyhoo, I took the challenge, and failed miserably...but I could breathe for the whole rest of the night and the next morning. And somewhere out there is a really stupid picture of me flailing with hot sauce all over my hands and mouth.

And now it is getting late, so I'm gonna sneak in a few more layers on my painting and then get some sleep!

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment