Thursday, January 12, 2012

Art: "Flip"/ Comic: new/ Book: Zombie Soup/ Video: yay!/ Update: quick


Oh my gosh, I have so much to tell you!! And seriously, all this happened at once, like it tends to do, I wasn't even slacking on posting (well, okay, maybe for a *day* I slacked). New art, a new comic, a BOOK!! Plus other awesome stuff!


As always, I will begin with the new art- "Flip". She is a brand new original painting, (5" x 7" acrylic on canvas panel)...a pretty brunette in purple lingerie, in a sort of art nouveau style..."Flip" is listed for auction on eBay, with a starting bid of $20! To see more pictures, read about the art, and perhaps even place a bid on her, please follow the link below the picture:




"Flip" original art nouveau pin up painting


It is NEW COMIC TIME! This new one is not colored in, but mostly because it is night. It's about me getting up at the ungodly hour that I do, and how on some days, it is not that easy. (usually it is pretty easy). You can view the latest comic on my facebook page at the link below- be warned, there are some swear words in this one.


Em's newest super awesome comic!!


Okay...Book news!! Yes, a book! Over the summer I was working on a bunch of illustrations and a cover piece for Dennis Armstrong's Zombie SOup book, and it is now in print and available for purchase!! Very exciting, and especially so because there are ZOMBIES!! You can learn more about the book, read excerpts and see some illustrations, and even purchase a copy for yourself on Dennis's website: Zombie Soup on Cupcake Press

Here is a little thumbnail of the front cover art- you can see the full (and larger) versions at the book link above!




One of my very good friends got me a webcam for my birthday, so I have set up a live stream feed of my studio desk!! It is not on all the time, only when I am working on things that require sitting still (which is not all that often lately). Mondays and Wednesdays are your best bet to catch me in action, or even Tuesday afternoons perhaps? I cannot predict the muse very well these days I am afraid. But I will be sure to post on my FB page when I am streaming :) Here is the link; bookmark it!

Watch Em Draw- live!


Now...A quick update on a few things...For one thing, I have raised the starting price of my ACEO art prints (on eBay) from 99 cents to $2. I know, I know, I feel bad and I am sorry to have to do this, but it is time. :\ They are beautiful, quality prints that will last a lifetime, even as small as they are, and are certainly worth $2 if not more. So it is done. I have also reworked my commission prices (and size options) as well, and will open up commissions again (with the new prices) when I unveil my new website look- so probably not for awhile yet. Because I am still plotting and planning, taking notes, doodling little pictures, and gathering, always with the gathering...for a big project! Which I will be sure to post more about as it goes along :)

xo

Em


Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

2 comments:

  1. No one draws a more delightful zombie than Emily (and the crows are pretty terrific too!). Thanks again, a thousand times, for unleashing your talents on my behalf--Zombie Soup, our book, looks wonderful.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Dennis, for allowing me to work with you on this! It looks fantastic, I am so excited :)

    ReplyDelete