Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Brain Freeze jester pin up, Squee seahorse painting auction, + NYTimes shoutout and more!


Whoa...

It's been a rather weird day for me...started off in a not-so-good way, then progressed to minor frustrations, exhaustion, and near defeat, then to major incredulity and joy...I have to admit, I am pooped out and it's only 10pm! I still have to eat dinner, and do the dishes. At this point I am asking myself where in the heck my helper monkey is? Oh, right, I never did get around to acquiring one...Dang it!


Anyhoo...let's get down to business, shall we? I've got a brand new jester piece to share, along with another Cartoon Aquarium original auction (partially for charity) and some other fun news, too...


The newest jester is titled "Brain Freeze"- she is a sultry brunette, with dangerous yellow eyes, and a mind for ice cream...Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I have been attempting to overcome my fear of using reds in my art lately...how'd I do with her? There are limited edition art prints of "Brain Freeze" available for sale in my darklingemily etsy shop; the link is below her picture:




"Brain Freeze" jester pin up art prints


I've got another auction up on eBay, with 10% of the final sale price going to the Gulf Restoration Network! "Squee" is one of my original Cartoon Aquarium seahorse paintings- he is sort of ladybug-like, and definitely a strange fellow. An acrylic painting on 8" x 10" gallery wrapped canvas, up for auction starting at $35. To see the listing and maybe even make a bid to adopt him into your home (and at the same time give a little bit of help to the Gulf of Mexico), just follow the link below the picture:




"Squee" original cartoon seahorse painting for charity


I've also got a couple of ACEO prints up for auction (and more on the way in the next few days), all starting at just 99 cents! To see all my auction listings on one page, just click HERE!


So...I had an OMG moment when I checked my email after a long and slightly horrid day at work :) Awhile back, I had been contacted by someone from a project called the Poet's House Showcase, asking for a set of my "Little Books of Zombie Limericks" to put on display with a TON of other poetry books (all self published, by various artists/authors)...Well, the New York Times wrote a short article on the showcase, and they mentioned my silly little books! I am 100% floored. I cannot even begin to describe it. I might be walking around the whole rest of this week with my mouth agape in astonishment. I may not sleep much. I might laugh for no apparent reason. Freakin' WOW! Normally, I am not one to brag about things, especially one line shout outs, but I feel justified this time, because it's the NEW YORK TIMES!!! Here is a link to the article if you are interested in reading it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/09/books/09poets.html?_r=3


Other exciting news- for you all- this Thursday (July 15th), I will be holding another 15% off sale in my darklingemily etsy shop. This is a one day sale ONLY, and all orders are 15% off!! So, come on over and see if there is something special that catches your eye, because it will be on sale Thursday!! Nothing will be visually marked down in my shop, however I will be adjusting invoices to reflect the discount, so please wait until I invoice you to make payments!


Also- my Facebook Exclusive art giveaway drawing ends tomorrow night at midnight (EST)- here is the link to enter if you would like to sneek in at the last minute:

Emily's Art Giveaway Contest (ends Wednesday!!)


Yes. A weird day, indeed. I'm still working on my circus and sideshow series, and loving every minute of it. I do have a confession, though- I have (shamefully) spent a few too many minutes researching dead wrestlers this week, and how they ended up that way...Oh yes, my friends, when two obsessions merge together, things can get crazy, and much time being spent on things that are not art heh heh! *shakes head* I am such a dork. And, this dork really needs some food and some clean dishes, so...I will be off now.


xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment