Thursday, July 29, 2010

Carousel Horse ACEO, Technology meets Fantasy Art Card, SUPER SALE, 99 cent art auctions, + an Emily comic!


Helloz!

I know, I just went a whole week without posting a blog. :\ Truth is, there really wan't much to write about...until now! LOL!
I have some new ACEO auctions listed on eBay (of course!) and also a special treat for all you comic lovers! But first, I will start with the ACEOs...


Continuing my Circus & Side Show series with "Carousel Horse"- an original ACEO illustration (2.5" x 3.5"- acrylic and inks)- the carousel is my favorite ride. I know it's not the most exciting thing, but it's the decadence of the carousel that I love more than the motion of it. This art card is up for auction on eBay, with a starting bid of just $5- to see more and perhaps even make a bid, just visit the link below...Oh, and fair warning, it only has about 2 days left to go!




"Carousel Horse" original circus ACEO illustration


The other new original ACEO I have listed is a cute little fairy, playing on her laptop (the laptop has wings!). I've titled this one "Faebook", as I spend a lot of time on Facebook...it just seemed to fit, at least in my dorky world. She is also listed at a $5 starting bid. To see more details and get your bids in, just visit the link below her picture:




"Faebook" original fairy ACEO


Also, I've put up a handful of 99 cent ACEO auctions- an assortment of fantasy/pin up/ other randomness for you all to enjoy! Again, all of my ACEO prints have starting bids of just 99 cents! A few of the current listings include "Low Tide"- a sweet art nouveau inspired mermaid, and "Semi-Sweet"- the very first pin up jester illustration I ever drew. To see all my current 99 cent art listings, check out the link below the picture:




ACEO prints at 99 cents and more


Now that you have patiently waited for me to run down my list of new art, I will share with you something funny! Occasionally, I will get the urge to draw up a comic strip (or in this case, a block) of things I find funny...These comics are probably not universally funny, but they help me deal with the idiocy I encounter in daily life. Lately, the idiocy has been rampant, so I may be doing a bunch more of these...They are not the best art in the world, just quick little sketches, but I try to get the body language as close to reality as I can...It's great therapy for me, and reminds me how important having a good sense of humor is, and also that I am not a one trick pony. So, with all that being said, I give to you...a comic:





Any questions, input, comments are welcome. I would like to expand on this comic idea, and perhaps if I get enough of them drawn up, I will put them in a hand bound book for posterity (and also for listing in one of my etsy shops, which are sorely neglected of late)...


Speaking of my etsy shop...I am having an impromptu SUPER SALE in my darklingemily etsy shop! I've dropped my original art prices *a lot*- for instance, every 5" x 7" original painting is now marked at just $10 (from $32), and every 8" x 10" original painting is marked down to $25 (from $55)!! I know, I am insane, but you know what...I need more room! It's not even funny anymore. So, yes, I implore you all to go check out this sale, here is the link:

darklingemily.etsy.com

Just type SUPER SALE into the searchbar at the top of my shop page, and it will give you all the sale listings! I will not be having this sale up for very long (I will be running it all weekend, until Sunday night, probably).
And now, I will be off to get some more odds and ends together for my many projects...Love to you all!


xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Loads of fun stuff- T shirts, stickers, mugs, stationery, bags, buttons, and more in my Zazzle Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment