Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dusk dragon painting + Out of the blue dragon + angel painting


I just spent a long time plotting out my schedule for the next few months...If I don't write it down, I tend to get lazy...so, now my life revolves around what my dayplanner says...Pathetic, I know. But at least I am using the dern planner...LOL!

Anyhoo, I have some brand new paintings to show you all tonight! Finally! This first one is "Dusk"- a dusty yellow dragon perched in the trees at sundown...I really like how it turned out :) He is an original 10" x 8" acrylic painting (on a canvas panel) and he is currently being housed in my darklingemily etsy shop...Free shipping on this bad boy! Yay! To read his little blurb, see detail pictures, and perhaps even adopt him into your home, please follow the link below the photo:




"Dusk" big eye dragon fantasy art original


Also brand new from me is this smaller fantasy painting- this one is titled "Out of the Blue" because that's pretty much where it came from (as with most of my art hee hee!). This is a smaller piece, at 5" x 7", and features a light blue speckled dragon that this cute-but-shadowy angel girl has conjured up...I wish I could just conjure up dragons out of nowhere, for realsies, but I will have to settle for just painting them, I suppose :)
This new painting is up for auction on eBay tonight, starting at a stupid-low bid of $15, with free shipping, too! To see the details and read the little story, please follow the link below the picture:




"Out of the Blue" Original Angel and Dragon big eye art


What's with all the blue, you say? Well, I have been feeling kinda blah the last two weeks, so I guess it shows in my color choice LOL! It's a good thing painting makes me feel better, or I would be up shit's creek right about now. I know things will get better, because I just have to have faith in that, but...damn, sometimes I get really impatient. It's hard work lifting one's own spirits sometimes. Once they are up, though, they usually *stay* up, but that has not been the case as of late. I suppose in my impatience, I have cultivated a bit of frustration, making me just a little bit bratty...
Of course, being an "artist", I am pulled into filtering through these strange and unweildy things called "emotions" through my creations...So, needless to say, I have been working on a lot of zombie-related items in the background. Some of which will be part of a larger project...That, of course, does not help with the impatience factor, but...Zombies always make me smile. I honestly don't know what I would do without them! And speaking of...I'd better get back to them, or they might come alive and end all my emo B.S. by turning me into one of them...but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...right?

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment