Friday, April 23, 2010

Rainbow Mermaid + Mud Wrestling Mermaid Art!!


I hope y'all are ready for some mermaids, cuz that's all I got going on tonight!

So, I have not been as prolific as I am accustomed to being, which is causing me slight anxiety; however I have still managed to get two pieces completed this week :D They are both mermaid-related, both in mixed media on bristol.

The first new one I will introduce is "Sunny"- she is a pretty blond mermaid, with a very rainbow-y tail! I created this piece simply to make me smile. I've also snuck in three little goldfish and a purple seahorse, as I find that mermaids like to have some friends around them :) "Sunny" is an original mixed media illustration (acrylic paints, colored pencils, and archival inks) measuring 5" x 7" on bristol. She is up for auction on eBay, with a starting bid of just $9.99- to read/see more details and make a bid, please visit the link below Sunny's picture:




"Sunny" original rainbow mermaid fantasy art auction


So...this next piece is very...interesting. It was truly a whim that I just sketched out right away, without any thought to whether or not I should be persuing it with color...Which I did anyway! LOL! "Mermaid Mud Wrestling" is also an original mixed media illustration, measuring 7" x 5" on bristol...This piece is listed in my darklingemily etsy shop; to see more and perhaps even purchase it, please visit the link below the picture:




"Mermaid Mud Wrestling" original fantasy illustration


Of course, this particular piece has invaded my common sense, and has triggered a number of other images that will eventually become a small series- sports that aren't really sports, featuring assorted fantasy creatures and characters. I've already begun working on the next illustration in the series- the wet t shirt fairy. Yes, it's fresh and rude, and no, I do not care. I'm drawing it. So there. :P And with that said, I think it might be time to get back to her, seeing as I might as well take advantage of this motivation while it's here!

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment