Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leo Dragon zodiac art, Posey fairy ACEO, + some updates


Hi!

Well, I have a small handful of new art to share with you all, plus some updates (art related, of course!) The very first Dragon Zodiac piece, a brand new mixed media ACEO, and more!


So, the very first piece in my Dragon Zodiac series is Leo. As organized as I am, I have opted to just randomly create each zodiac sign as I see fit! None of this "start with number one (Aries) and go consecutively" crap. "Leo Dragon" features a maned orange dragon, with big blue-green eyes, perched on the glyph for Leo. A lion (the token animal for Leo) and the sun (Leo's ruling planet) appear in the background...This is a larger piece for me, at 8.5" x 11" on bristol...I've decided to try out my mixed media recipe of acrylic paints, archival inks, and Prismacolor pencils (very similar components to my jester pin ups). The original artwork is available for purchase in my darklingemily etsy shop. To see more detail pictures and perhaps even purchase it, please follow the link below the picture:




"Leo Dragon" original fantasy zodiac art


In addition to the original piece, I have also put up the first limited edition print (#1/25) for auction on eBay, starting at just $9.99, with free shipping! The limited edition prints are 8" x 10" on matte photo paper, with some hand embellishments in archival inks. To read more about the print, and even make a bid, please visit this link:

"Leo Dragon" #1/25 limited edition print auction


Also up for auction today is a brand new mixed media ACEO. "Posey" is a pretty little fairy girl, somewhat shy, but in a flirty sort of way! She is an original, one of a kind piece (2.5" x 3.5"), and is up for auction starting at just 99 cents (with free shipping!). I do not know how many mixed media pieces I will be making this year, so this is a very special auction! To see her listing, detail pictures, info, and to make a bid, please click the link below her picture:




"Posey" original fairy mixed media ACEO auction


In other news, I have updated my website galleries for this month! Lots of new images in the Fantasy Art Gallery and a few new ones in the Miscellaneous Art Gallery too! All of the new pictures are at the top of the page, and are marked "NEW" so you can find them easily! There are limited edition art prints and posters available for each image- just click on the small pictures, at it will bring you to the individual pages, where you can read about the piece, and view/purchase prints and posters. Everything purchased through my website gets shipped for free, too! There is also some fun news up on my homepage here if you would like to see what's new with some of my projects and such!

I've been spending a bunch of time in the garden lately; mostly weeding, cleaning up brush, and edging. The rose bushes are growing fast, as are the irises and of course a million lillies! Nothing has really bloomed quite yet, aside from the weeping cherry tree and the forsythias, and a few daffodils and tulips which are scattered across the lawn. Oh, yes, and tons of grape hyacinth! They just grow right out of the lawn. I didn't plant them that way, they must have been planted by my grandmother years ago, and have decided to migrate. So, it has been a little slower in the studio lately, because I know if I don't get to gardening, I'll end up with a jungle of weeds! But, I am also working on a painting commission, and the next Dragon Zodiac- Scorpio! I must admit, I am about two steps away from losing my mind, but...I just have to remind myself to breathe, and that everything will eventually even out again...

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment