Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nightengale Dragon, New Fairy ACEO, + Rogue Princess illustration


It's sort of hard to draw when you have gardener's hands...

After about 40 applications of lotion, they are now moving like hands, and not like metal clamps covered in paper...Sometimes I forget to put lotion on, like last night, and I just start drawing. Not the best idea; I messed up two small pieces so terribly, I just put them right in the recycling basket. There was no fixing them. What a travesty. I wonder if it had anything to do with the dry-skin-sliding-across-paper felling- it is a lot like nails on a chalkboard to me. Ugh :) Of course, I do have some art worthy of sharing today! Another new dragon painting, a fairy ACEO, and another older illustration up for auction.


So, this newest dragon painting is titled "Nightengale"- a pale gray dragon, with purple spots, watches twilight descend from a strange, dark flowerstalk...I don't really know what it is about this piece that immediately makes me smell flowers, but it does. The original painting, measuring 4" x 6" on a canvas panel, is available for purchase in my darklingemily etsy shop...To see more detail pictures, and read a bit more about this piece, please visit the link below the picture:




"Nightengale" original dragon fantasy painting


So, after messing up a few ACEOs last night, I did manage to pull one off that is not horribly embarrassing :) This new art card is titled "Flower Throne"- a little fairy has found the best seat in the house (or in the garden, rather)! She is an original illustration, in ACEO format (2.5" x 3.5")- created in a mix of acrylic paint, archival inks, and colored pencils..."Flower Throne" is up for auction on eBay, starting at just 99 cents (with free shipping). Please visit the auction listing for more details- the link is below the picture, of course!




"Flower Throne" original fairy ACEO


There are a whole bunch of older original works up for auction as well, as I have mentioned in the previous blog post :) The latest of which is "Rogue Princess"- one of my favorites, because it's got a sexy warrior princess,two dragons, AND a castle squeezed in! I also love how the colors of the sky turned out :) This is an original 5" x 7" illustration, up for auction on eBay starting at just $5. To get more info on this piece, and perhaps even make a bid, please follow the link below her picture:




"Rogue Princess" original fantasy illustration


If you are interested in taking a look at all my current art auctions on eBay, you can see them all on one page here!

As far as art to come in the near future, I am working on the latest Zodiac Dragon- Gemini! If you'd like to follow along with the work in progress pictures, you can view them in my facebook album here...I am also getting a few new fantasy ACEOs illustrated, and a mermaid piece, among other things. :) So, I will be off to work some more...Have a great night all!




xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment