Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mermaid + Dragon illustration, Dragon Silhouette ACEO, and Gypsy + Monkey art!


Hello all!

This is sad, but...I don't even remember the last time I posted...sometime last week I suppose. I had a very busy weekend visiting my mother, who was up from Atlanta...We took a day trip to the Salem/Marblehead area to visit with my Nana and spend some time by the sea...okay, the harbor, but close enough :) So far, May has been an awfully busy month for me, and it looks like the craziness will continue all month long, into June...Yoy! At least it's nice out, though the warm weather always makes me sleepy.


So...it's art time! I have not had a lot of time to make new pieces, however I do have two new ones to share (why is it always in twos? Who knows...) The first is a mermaid and sea dragon illustration- "Napping Sea Monster"- some of you may have been following the work in progress in my facebook album, but for those of you who haven't, she is all finished up now and listed in my darklingemily etsy shop! A bit about the piece: an original 10" x 8" illustration, in mixed media (acrylic paint, colored pencil, and archival inks on bristol) featuring a beautiful mermaid and a sleeping sea dragon in her arms! Also, a bunch of fish and two seahorses, all packed full of color. Like an underwater rainbow, I guess. To see detail pictures, read the blurb I wrote, and perhaps even purchase this fun art, please follow the link below the picture:




"Napping Sea Monster" original mermaid + dragon illustration


Also brand new, a dragon silhouette ACEO! "Out on a Limb" is an original acrylic painting on a small sheet of artist canvas (2.5" x 3.5")- a swirly, abstract purple-red-ochre background, with a black dragon silhouette perched on some strange curly vines...It is a simple piece, but I just love the challenge of working in silhouette...it is not as easy as it looks to give an image a decent outline and still have it look like what it is supposed to represent...Sometimes a pose that would look fabulous with details will just turn out to look like a black blob in this style. Blah blah blah heh heh! At any rate, this piece is up for auction on eBay, starting at just 99 cents with free shipping- to see more, please follow the link below the picture:




"Out on a Limb" original dragon silhouette ACEO


Speaking of eBay auctions...I'm still going through my cleaning phase, which means I am listing some older art for auction...Though I have sold most of my older ACEOs, there is a generous handful of (slightly) larger illustrations that I will be posting for auction this week...The first of them being my little "Monkey Woes" piece...I really love this tiny gypsy and her monkey, but it is time for them to find a new home, so...she is an original illustration- 3.5" x 5"- up for auction, starting at $5 (with free shipping)...To see her listing, visit the link below the picture:




"Monkey Woes" original gypsy fantasy art


There will be more older art going up each day this week, and into next, so if you would like to bookmark the page that displays all my eBay listings at once, here is the link: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/darklingemily


I am hoping to get myself composed enough to be able to post more often, and ramble about silliness, because I know there are those of you out there who love my art, but you have also stated you enjoy reading my random thoughts...I really don't consider myself to be all that entertaining, but of course I spend all day, every day, with me...so I may be a little biased. I do love myself, however...there are times where I can annoy the crap out of me. But...anyhoo...back to work I go!

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment