Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Squee the Seahorse and Brand New Dragon Paintings!


Hi!

I have a whole bunch of new paintings tonight- most of them are dragons, though there is one new Cartoon Aquarium piece as well!

I will begin with the "odd man out"- my latest Cartoon Aquarium painting :) This is "Squee"- he is a red seahorse, super silly, and ready for a new home! To read his little blurb and see detail pictures, please follow the link below the picture:




"Squee" Cartoon Aquarium Seahorse painting


Now, on to the dragons! I have begun a sub-series of dragons in strange, otherworldy landscapes. I am calling this series "Inklings"- each background is painted before I have any inkling of which Emily dragon will have the best personality to suit it. You can look forward to lots of drips, splatters, layers, and abstractedness from this series! Allow me to unveil the first in the series- "Inkling 1- Falling Sky". This is an original 5" x 7" acrylic painting on a sheet of canvas. It is listed for purchase in my darklingemily etsy shop. To read the little story I've written for this painting and see detail pictures, please follow the link below the picture:




"Inkling 1- Falling Sky" original dragon painting


These next two dragons are both ACEOs- I listed them the other night, so some of you may have seen them already ;)...The first is "Hunter"- a tiny flying dragon, gracefully silhouetted against a blue purple sky. This is an original acrylic painting on canvas, in ACEO format (2.5" x 3.5"). Listed at a $5 starting bid, with free shipping too- you can see more details of the art and auction at the link below the picture:




""Hunter" dragon silhouette ACEO auction


The other new ACEO I have up on eBay is a cutie! A little green dragon with big, wide eyes...very adorable. His name is "Moss", and he is an original acrylic painting on canvas. Also up with a $5 starting bid and free shipping! Check out the link below the picture:




"Moss" original big eye dragon ACEO auction


By the end of this week, I should have some new art up in my website galleries, and also some more art to share :) At the moment, I am trying to decide on whether to watch a movie, or go back to my desk and get some more painting done...Decisions, decisions.

xo!

Em

Visit my website- tons of images available as art prints and posters: darklingtreasures.com

Join me on Facebook: http://artist.to/darklingtreasures

No comments:

Post a Comment